Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Meeting my Goals :)

Hi Ladies - Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I know I did :)  Relaxing at the campground pool in Arizona, maxin' and relaxin' as my friend Lisa likes to say...

On my way to Arizona!
Ahhhh yesss...

Just me and the snowbirds!  Retirement campground lol
Here are some updates...
Workout Goals:
I've been working on upping my activity level, but it's time to shock my body back into shape one day at a time... for 30 days in a row!  I've committed to being active for 30 consecutive days, starting bright and early tomorrow.  I'm hoping I can get my brain trained to expect it!  Lucky me - I got the keys to the school weight room :)  So get ready for blogs about weights, reps, and getting sore! 
What about you, would you commit to 10, 20, or even 30 days in a row of physical activity? 

Food Goals:
A couple weeks ago I committed to digging out the old cookbooks and making real food.  Sitting around eating Cheetos for dinner does not a fit girl make!  My husband did the hunter/gatherer thing and brought home several quail.  Butter, red wine, consomme... and QUAIL!  Delicious.  A side of rice and two little quail breasts made for a fab dinner.  Amazing how rich, quality food satisfies in such small amounts!  Don't be afraid of beautiful food.  Savor it and appreciate how amazing it is, knowing you can eat a salad later to get your greens, drink water instead of soda, and save your calories for something you love.  The more you respect and love your food, the less likely you'll be to abuse it!  Come to think of it... that sounds like a good quote for a lot of stuff in life :)  Have a lovely week.

XOXO
Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your weights workout!

    I'll do the 30 days with you.

    And dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Karen! I need some accountability on this one :) Tell me how far you ran today so I can get motivated already!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thirty days is a great goal to start with. I think I may join you. My biggest issue is eating out and exercise. Thirty days eating in and exercising...I'm in!

    ReplyDelete