Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 24, 2010

30 Day Workout Challenge - Weekend Update!

Workout Update
Today was a great workout, hiking with the kids (dogs) in the hills, a little jog here and there, some intense inclines... I love being out in nature and it's so fun to see my hilarious workout partners running along side me :)  My basset hound, Toby, especially.  His ears are so long, and his legs are so short!  On to yoga/pilates in the form of Louis Solomon's Yoga and Pilates Total Body Toner.  Don't laugh!  I'm still sore from this video a few days back.  Even though I do lunges all the time, the pilates moves really burned my butt and hamstrings.  Love it.

Did any of you make it to this fabulous event?

Party eating and drinking
Last night I went to a GREAT party.  Red wine, sangria flowing... tequila shots in the kitchen and beer in the fridge!  It was in LA, and although I wanted to hit up Love Your Body Day while I was out there, my dear friend's 30th b.day won out for sure!  There were tacos and more tacos and everything good that goes with them.  Yum.  I enjoyed every bite I'm working out a little extra today to make up for it.

Halloween Costumes
Aren't they fun?!  The party last night was a 90's theme, so my husband and I were Bill Clinton and ... drumroll please... Monica Lewinsky!  There are some compromising photos of this that may or may not show up on facebook later ;)

Marathon runners: Formula to run the perfect marathon
Go Karen!

College Friends

A friend of mine from college was at the party and we had a chance to catch up.  She was one of (un)lucky ones to know me when I was a crazy compulsive eater and exerciser.  We talked about it last night, she remembers my midnight workouts, but sadly, we also remembered that my weirdness went unnoticed because many other girls we knew were dealing with more severe issues... lots of bulimia, extreme food restrictions, etc. within the college population.  So sad!  I hate to think that I was a part of that and even encouraging others to be unhealthy during those years :(  On a positive note, she is running in a half-marathon today, Go Karen!  Hopefully she'll leave a comment later and we can find out how it went for her.
Honesty on the Internet
I had this epiphany today about blogging.  I realized that I could be telling you anything!  Making up stuff about my workouts, eating ice cream while I write my blog... lol.  Ok, I'm not!  But I am a part of the 30 day challenge, and I did miss a workout yesterday.  OMG!  I wonder if they'll kick me out?!  Not only did I attend two parties, which also involved over 4 hours of driving, I didn't plan out my day well enough.  I waited to workout, and then my husband needed help at work... and that was it!  We were two hours late to our first party and barely made it on time to LA.  I actually considered trying to workout when I got home at 1 am.  But I realized it was a. already tomorrow and b. completely nuts. 
Whatev... Don't those just sound like EXCUSES?  They do to me, too!  So that's the confession of the day, and it's back on track for the upcoming week :)

Dangerous Work Environments
I have had a plugged right ear since the beginning of the month.  It has been frustrating, painful, and generally a nuisance through multiple dr. appointments and lots of drugs (antibiotics, steroids...)  I work in an old, moldy portable classroom, and I believe that the possibility my ear issue is being caused by mold is HIGH.  I found out Friday that I'm one of three teachers with the same problem, ongoing, at the school.  I'm not sure who's going to address it, but this week we are going have to tackle the problem.  This is my first year in this classroom, so it makes sense it's just now hitting me.  Hopefully that means it's a problem that can be solved!  My last visit with the ENT was NOT encouraging, so this gives me hope the problem can be reversed and I can get my hearing, balance and SANITY back soon!  Wish me luck.

Cheers to another week of FITNESS!  What's your GOAL this week???
XOXO
Andrea

 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I like hearing about all of the different aspects that make up your life.

    My 1st half marathon was awesome! Even though I didn't get home until 1 am and had to wake up at 3:30 am to eat pancakes, I rocked the run. My best time ever! Thanks for the shout out :)

    My fitness goals this week are to include jump rope 2 times (it is reallly fun and a great workout) and to cut out 1 carb at each meal.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you only got a couple hours of sleep and then ran! That's what I call motivated. So cool. I'm amazed.
    I had a great time catching up...and hearing about your food diary ;) Carbonated water, anyone?
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete