Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Fashion+ Clean Lines + Size 11 Shoes

The military trend commands attention!

Sofft size 11 on ebay :)

I was browsing on Ann Taylor Loft website recently... Such gorgeous pieces!  but I have to say... I don't see myself wearing most of the looks.  Messy layers with belts on top, rumpled jeans shoved into boots.  Super cute on some people, not so much on me.  I feel undone and BULKY with all those layers.  And I'm all about comfort.  I LOVE the clean look of a men's shirt, maybe belted, little Audrey Hepburn pants and flats, but I can't do it.  The restricting feel of tailored shirts makes me crazy.  Am I the only weird one?  Is the rest of the world just suffering for fashion?
Fall Looks I love:
fitted top
ladylike jacket - military is the look this season  
slim pants w/o big bulky pockets
flats or BOOTS
slim leg jeans
oversized top w/belt - just one top, though!  I can't handle three tops and a sweater with a belt.  gigantasaurus!  Really, I feel constricted. 
A little sparkle peeking out from under a jacket, black trousers, pumps
Leggings with boots, tunic, double clasp belt, flat, over the knee boots
tissue thin, long swingy sweaters

Here's a Lane Bryant outfit that works... I would add a belt though...

Add a belt



So simple!  Love it

Ann Taylor Loft sizes go up to an 18 online, and their shoes to a size 11.  I find they have pretty true sizing, so a 12 works for me there...

I just purchased some boots, and pics will be coming soon... I now have far too many shoes, I'm sure over 50 pairs.  With a size 11, as a kid I could never find shoes.  I have some ugggggly pics of me from those days.  Now I can find 11's everywhere.  Ok, everywhere online!
Size 11 Shoes:
Target
Nordstrom
Steve Madden
Chinese Laundry -  I have some over the knee boots from this brand, amazing
Stuart Weitzman
Enzo Anglioni
Born - Some grama lookin stuff, but check the website http://borncrown.com/ and see the new stuff.  Amazingly comfortable.  I'm a teacher, so they have to be...
Clarks - Same thing.  Some fugly stuff, but their clogs are super comfy
Cole Haan - although I find their 11's to be a bit narrower than the norm
Nine West
Sofft

Use ebay as a resource for  shoes!  I try on shoes in the store, then order then online if I find a deal.  And now... I finally have those nude pumps I've been looking for all season!  Too bad I didn't have them for the summer when I really needed them... sigh... but I luv them :)


Fall Fashion Overview
I say... Clean Lines for all.  Limit the ruffles, cinch in at the waist, forgo the bulky pants for a slim line.  Who needs giant pocket flaps on their butt anyway?!

Peep toe, boots, flats, quality.


Don't do all the looks at once.  If you have ruffles, please don't do ruffles with a military jacket with big buttons, over the knee boots and  rumply boyfriend jeans.  Mostly, just don't do rumply boyfriend jeans.  I don't even like them on the little people.  Maybe because I used to wear them back in the day...

I'm a minimalist, generally.  More is more.. as in, it's too much.  Pick a piece, pick a theme, and stick with it.  Not a combo bohemian, military, ruffle thing.  I'm begging you.  Unless it's for Halloween.
So have fun browsing the gorgeous fall fashion.  Cuddly sweaters with slim leggings and boots... Military jackets with clogs? 

You decide, and enjoy!  I love me some ebay shoppin...
XOXO
Andrea

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention J.Crew for size 11 shoes (and many times size 12 also). Take it from a shoe freak.

    Love the clean lines and military thing.

    Happy Halloween (early)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's right! I love J.Crew... Hope you have fun wearing your fab superhero costume today :)

    ReplyDelete