Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Are you being STUBBORN about EXERCISE?


Adventures in the Great Outdoors!
  I AM stubborn at times about my exercise, not gonna lie!  But I also DO care very much about keeping my HEALTH factor high.  Unfortunately, I have many friends and family members who don't... Don't like to, don't want to, don't care, don't want to hear about it... Is that you?  I am SUPER CONCERNED about the many beautiful women who say, "I'm big, I'm proud, and don't you try to change me!"  all the while they are cheating their families and loved ones out of their presence in the future by living unhealthily (is that a word?) NOW!  That upsets me.. and here's why.       If you read my last post, you know that my dad passed away from cancer a few years ago.  I wish with all my heart he was still here today.  Even though he lived a mostly healthy life, cancer still claimed him before his 60th birthday.  Knowing that he tried his best to be active and healthy helped us understand that he did what he could do.  BUT! 
  • How does the smoker feels when he/she finds out about the lung cancer? 
  • How does the compulsive over-eater feel when diabetes creeps up on them? 
  • How does it feel to know that health problems may be lurking around the corner?
 Now I know that there are unavoidable health issues, obviously, I just used my dad's example... But if there is something you can do, reasonably, shouldn't you make an effort to be around a little longer for the ones you love?  Don't you want to LIVE LIFE TO ITS FULLEST?  It's selfish to claim your right to unhealthy living when you know your family loves you and needs you. 

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE ADVENTURES YOU COULD BE MISSING OUT ON!?! 

When I'm eating nasty processed food 24/7 I don't feel like doing ANYTHING...at. all.  Doesn't matter how much the scale says, I'm being unhealthy and I feel like sh**  Feel me?  I know you do...

When I'm so out of shape I can't go hiking and enjoy myself on a beautiful day... I'm CHEATING myself out of a life experience.  Feel me?  you do... I know you do!

so what are you gonna do about it???

LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO BE GOOD TO YOURSELF!

a lil bit of tough love,
XOXO
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. I like your perspective about how living unhealthy means that you will miss out on life's adventures!

    I'm motivated not to have a midnight snack right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love midnight snacks! But I try to avoid them, too lol. I am all about finding new adventures now... Let's catch up soon, it's been ridiculously too long...

    ReplyDelete