Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Are you Investing in Yourself?

     So I've been sick this week, nothing special or dramatic, just sick.  Trying to keep up with work, coaching, working out and eating right is really challenging when all I want to do is crawl into bed.  I have eaten take out too much, missed my veggie goals quite frequently, and basically just tried to drag myself into work and make it happen.
   
    It's hard for me to slow down.  For you incredibly busy ladies with multiple kids, activities, work, family obligations... I know it's hard to take time to care for yourself.  But if you don't, and you're anything like me, you'll end up getting run down and offering less and less of yourself to those around. 
     So although this time around, I'm not sick because I neglected myself... it's still a reminder to slow down once in awhile and check my goals/priorities/commitments. 
  • Is my life in balance today? 
  • Have I blocked out some "me time" in my busy day or week? 
  • Am I dealing with emotional and/or stress issues that have come up recently?
     I don't care if it sounds selfish, or you are surrounded by people who push you to do more (for them) all the time, only YOU can take care of YOU. 

     No one else can be relied upon to fill up all your needs, insecurities or substitute for what you are lacking.  Your spiritual, physical and emotional needs must all three be addressed or you will find yourself feeling unfulfilled and out of balance.  If you need to work on some issues, then do it.  No one can but you, and the sooner you accept your responsibility, the sooner you can claim your success.  It's hard work, but for me, it's been worth it so far.

Be Well and Find your Balance,
XOXO
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment