Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Taking a Break, Katherine Heigl, and Tom Selleck's Mustache

  Evening Girls ;)
     I had big plans for my workout today, but they fell flat...Bummer!  Last night I did my lunges, a couple crunches or so, and patted myself on the back for getting started on my goals.  Today I planned to run a bit with my b.ball team and jump into a scrimmage or two.
     WELL it didn't happen.  I started playing and immediately felt something start to give in my back.  So I took a hit to my pride and called for a sub.  Looking like a big wimp isn't my fave thing, but neither is spending the day at the chiropractor's (love ya Dr. Pam!). 
     So I can pat myself on the back for something else; that is, listening to my body's needs.  I'm not a teenager anymore, and I have WAY TOO MANY old injuries.  More often than not, what I need is a good solid cardio session, but on days like today when something feels off... I have to just let it go and try again tomorrow.
     Anyone out there watch the movie with Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher called "Killers"?  How great is Tom Selleck's mustache?!  I bet he would have a crazy tan line if he ever shaved it off!  LOL!
     Katherine Heigl's character cracks me up when admitting to "sucking it in all night" in her tight dress on a first date.  I have a couple cute dresses that need a whole lot more than me just sucking it in!  I'm determinged to fit into a few of those in time for holiday parties. 

Ok, it's bedtime for me :)  Remember to set your weekly goals and try something new and fresh!  I may need to adjust this week for my back and pull out the old yoga DVD.  Let me know how your weekly workout is coming along...
XOXO
Andrea 

2 comments:

  1. I am on track with my workout goals this week - did 4 miles yesterday and doing 8 miles Thursday). And shockingly, I'm on track with my eating goals too :)

    Now if I can just complete my other goals for this week...

    I had never done a yoga DVD until last month - I really liked it! I am trying to fit in yoga once a week these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! That is a lot of mileage... I want to get back to 1X a week yoga, too. My back feels so much better when I do!
    When's your next race?

    ReplyDelete