Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Decadence, Binge Eating, Crystal Renn in Vogue

     As much as the new spread of Crystal Renn are being talked about, and of course that's the point, why is my reaction generally one of disgust when I see this beautiful woman shoving food in her face?  What is it about the blatant, out-of-control visual that makes me cringe?   There are several overly sexual connotations, and an interesting parallel between desire of food and lust. Duh.  On a more personal note, I feel a connection, albeit in a much less glamorous way, to the out of control eating expressed in the pictures.  Crystal Renn is gorgeous, and she can continue to do spreads like this as long as she likes, continuing to be fabulous and fashion-y. 
 but I'll still look at this and think of binge eating.  Crystal has overcome an eating disorder, and props to her... anorexia is crazy scary.  I'm kind of amazed she is comfortable enough to do this shoot... 
Thoughts???

XOXO
Andrea
    

No comments:

Post a Comment