Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 27, 2010

Exercising Every Day?!

Hi Ladies...
     I was thinking about the issue of every-day-exercise today.  I coach high school basketball, and one PE class a day... I was thinking about how much my players work out, and imagining that I still did that.  Wow, it's a lot! 
     I simply can't commit that much time to working out anymore.  I have a job, lots of hobbies, a husband, a home, pets etc.  Not to mention the time I "need" to spend shopping on ebay.  obviously.  Let's be real.  My toes need a fresh coat of polish tonight, btw.  So when it's 106 outside, like it was today, and I'm generally feeling unmotivated, sometimes I look through my closet, listen to my dogs whine, or just wander by a mirror and the exercise mood strikes.  Other times, it doesn't. 
   I encourage you to keep a planner handy for workout accountability.  I can't imagine living without my planner, and I've begun using my phone in the last couple years for that purpose.  I have the tendency to lose track of the date, and before I know it, I'm really off track on exercise!  It's up to you, but decide how many days a week you need to workout.  Some kind of activity is important each day, but I know it's not always happening for me.  I need at least 4 days of activity. 
     I used to be neurotic about it, and you would NEVER catch me taking a day off.  But that had a lot to do with the mass quantities of food I was putting away, too!  I tell ya, I used to be able to keep up with the big boys.  So now that my food intake is more moderate, my exercise can be as well.  And I have more time for my other hobbies!  I still count eating as a favorite activity, but not in a weird way ;) 
     SO!  My challenge to you is this:  Give yourself a challenge this week.  Decide on several physically challenging activities you want to do this week, and make it happen.  Let us know how it goes!
    Here's my list:
1.  Do 50 lunges 3X this week
2.  Run lines with my b.ball girls at least once
3.  Walk my doggies 3X

This is Porkchop, and she wants a walk!


XOXO
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good tips, I will definatly try to put some of those into practice. I am currently doing the treadmill at work 2 times a week, but I think adding lunges three times a week would be really easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya! Yes, lunges are an amazing addition. They work all the major muscle groups of the leg, as well as aiding in stability and balance. Plus give your booty an extra lift ;) lol Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete