Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Come check out a real world approach to fitness and life!

Welcome, Ladies!!!  I'm assuming that if you're here reading... You WORK OUT, or maybe you want to start!  I'm also thinking you might not be a size two.  I'm Andrea, and I'm all about a balanced and fun approach to life.  I'm hoping you're out there working hard, playing hard, and experiencing life to the very fullest!

     Being obsessed about food and exercise robbed some delicious and enjoyable years from my life, but not anymore!  I hope you can join me as I navigate the adventures of eating, exercising, and enjoying each moment.
    My name is Andrea.  I live and work in Southern California, but I'm a proud Oregon native :)  Oregon is known for its beautiful scenery, plenty of liquid sunshine, and a low obesity rate!  What a cool distinction.  Oregonians know that, rain or shine, physical activity is super important to daily life.
     You might be here because you're curious about the name, "Big Girls Work Out Too", or maybe because you already know me, and you wonder what the heck I'm up to... I've always been passionate about health and fitness, but it hasn't always been in a balanced way.  I spent a lot of years being weird about my food, obsessive about my exercise, and generally annoying to everyone around me when the subject came up.  I was also a vegetarian, but obviously, I've deviated from that theme ;) 
Amazing Food from the MGM in Vegas!
    
     Things have changed, I'm happy to say :)  And as I've gotten a bit older I've realized that I wasn't alone in my compulsive ways, and a lot of the girls out there are still struggling with this same issue. I'd like to share some of my experiences and perhaps help a few others along the way.  I'm looking forward to sharing my adventures, hearing about yours, and being challenged to make better choices each day :) 

Stay tuned for more!
XOXO  Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for starting a blog like this. I have wasted many years too. Going up and down in weight and using every waking moment to being stressed and worried about it. It is still a long road but I'm starting to walk the journey. I am a true foodie and starting to work out more. Love the blog will be stopping by often.
    Janelle of Ruby Leonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruby! As a foodie myself, I can't imagine living off carrot sticks and 100% "clean eating" Gotta find that balance :)
    xoxo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, it's Janelle! Not Ruby ;) Sorry 'bout that

    ReplyDelete