Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 15, 2010

When Abs of Steel turn into Abs of Oatmeal

I haven't posted in awhile... busy, busy being lazy, busy being sick, busy working/coaching/weight training/shopping/being a wife...
I'm sure you can relate :) 
My abs are the first part of my body to let me know when I'm slacking, and they are telling me to keep working out, and eat more greens!

Workout Challenge Update:
In spite of the squishiness, I'm happy to say I have been doing well on my 30 day exercise  challenge.  There have been a couple days I've missed out, but overall I feel much stronger and back on the path to being fit and healthy.  I successfully resisted the urge to overdo it and injure myself, finding the balance I needed to keep going!  Good job, self! (pat on the back)  I do that a lot... a little self affirmation goes a long way toward keeping myself motivated :)  I'm shameless!
I worked out!!!! Whoo hoo

Health Update:
Well, less good news here... I have been struggling with a blocked Eustachian tube for about 6 weeks.  It's turned into VERTIGO  ack!  A couple of episodes of that finally landed me in the Urgent Care last week, and I'm off work until Wednesday this week.  I've tried everything else, so it's time for me to avoid my classroom for a few days to see if it improves.  I have a new found sympathy for those who suffer from vertigo.  OMG.  I've never felt anything like it, and hope that I don't again.  Trust.Me.  I guess that's one way to lose weight, but I'd rather be chubby and not puking!!!  I guess you never have to worry about me and anorexia!  I.HATE.PUKING.  the end



 
Holiday Update:
Can I just say right now, aren't holidays the BEST for dressing up?  I love love love having a chance to wear the outfits I have been planning all summer. Finally I can bring out the boots, cute dresses and tights... Yay!  It totally motivates me to exercise when I know I have somewhere to go and something stylish to wear.  A word to the wise: don't let yourself go more than a couple days wearing baggy/stretchy clothes.  I did this one summer and ended up barely squeezing into my work clothes when school started.  NOT CUTE.  Nobody needs to see me squeezed into my pants like sausage casings, or with my brand new stomach hanging out cause I spend all summer eating twinkies.  Not that I eat twinkies.... but still.
I'm going to Oregon to see my fam this Thanksgiving.  Happiness!  I love that they live in the same small town, and I love that I get to hang out with everybody this year.  Family gatherings are the best, and so's the food :)

Issues of the Day
Eating greens: are you eating 2-3 servings of greens a day?  I'm not!  Especially since I've been ill, all I want to eat is soup, cookies, and for some unknown reason, pie.  Probably because it's sitting in my fridge staring at me.  I need to just throw it out... Maybe I'll go do that after I'm done writing :)  Keeping a food journal showed me just how far off I am on my eating goals.  So I'm working on cutting down on sugar, drinking more water, and eating greens each day.  I already know that I feel better when I do, it's just a matter of keeping on it and not forgetting.  It takes preparation, so I need to plan ahead when I pack my lunches for sure.
Caesar Salad
Being Strong
This makes the list today because there are several areas I'm working on in my life right now.  I'm back on track with my weight training, and it makes me feel good to be physically strong (er).  Still working on it!
Another area I'm working on is mental toughness.  It's been a challenge to be sick for so long, and a little bit scary.  Mental toughness is something you learn as an athlete, but since I'm not playing competitive sports any longer, I wonder... Am I getting SOFT??  Is my mental toughness out of shape?  I'm gonna have to say yeah...but I'm trying to figure out the balance between advocating for myself, and just being a big baby.  If you asked my husband, he'd tell you I need some work in this area.  Complaining just isn't cute, so I'm trying to reign it in.   ;) 

 
So that's what I've been up to... How about you?  Are you stressing about the holiday meals and pitfalls?  Remember to eat your very favorite things... and leave the other stuff alone :)  That's my trick!  Red wine instead of eggnog, less gravy and more green salad, long walks with the ones I love, and pumpkin pie!  Wishing you all a wonderful kick off to the holiday season!

XOXO
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment