Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving... My loving husband adjusted his plans to drive up to Oregon with me early because I wasn't feeling well.  He really stepped it up, and I'm THANKFUL!  We visited my extended family, traveled approximately 2500 miles!!!  in our Jeep, and made lots of memories along the way.

We drove from SoCal to Seattle, Washington!
Saying Thanks for my family!
My extended family includes a core of a strong, smart women.  I feel more like myself when I reconnect with them (I love you GUYS, too!) and I'm reminded of how resilient we all are.  We have survived all kinds of trials and supported each other through it.  We're not the touchy feely types, we're the get-in-there-and-get-to-work type of women.  I love it!  I was born and raised in Oregon, and I have to say, Oregonians have a special outlook on life and a down to earth mentality.  Sitting around with the kiddos, watching baby kittens out the window, talking about recipes while folding laundry and solving the problems of the world, discussing career plans, college plans, new jobs, comparing our hair, talking about our latest fashion finds... I love girl time :)  I've relocated to Southern California, but my extended family, and a big piece of my heart, remain in Oregon.

Health during the Holidays
I had some grrrrreat food over Thanksgiving.  A newscaster on TV was starting to talk about how many calories a typical Thanksgiving meal contained.  My husband immediately changed the channel.  His comment: Why is that tiny newscaster lady talking about calories?
  Hilarious
He said to the screen, "Don't ruin my Thanksgiving!" and changed the channel.  Good for him :)  I agree!  I don't care how many calories my Thanksgiving meal had.  I try to focus on reconnecting with my loved ones over the holidays, and staying balanced with my food intake keeps me feeling balanced in other areas, too.  I don't need to get crazy about calorie counting when my focus is on enjoying life and loved ones.  So I eat an extra roll!  I'll walk a little longer tomorrow :) 
I won't waste another minute obsessing ~ finding balance is my answer :)

So to you all, Happy Holidays!  I hope you all take the time to reconnect with loved ones in your life and slow down to enjoy the season.  While I know things are about to get crazy busy, I'm taking time to sit back, drink some tea and cuddle up by the fire.
XOXO
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time!

    I agree with you about not obsessing over a meal or two! But I do need to get back on track with the exercise! :)

    ReplyDelete