Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 30, 2011

How Do You Get Cute For Summer??

I love summer... cute dresses, breezy evenings on the back porch with  glass of wine and the occasional tanning and beach action
AHHH....
Plus I'm a teacher so HAYYYY I'm off work lol  Can't complain!
I'm off to Cabo tomorrow, so besides buying several new swimsuits this year and overflowing my bikini drawer, I've put a little thought into what makes up my summer cuteness routine.
Yup...I'm wearing this in Cabo!
If you're anything like me, days off mean grubby workout clothes, messy hair, no makeup and dirt under my fingernails from yardwork. 
And that's just not cute.  It's Anti-Cute

So what's a girl to do when there's a trip just around the corner and her scraggly hair, jacked up nails and grubby clothes just won't cut it?

Quick Fixes to the rescue!!! 

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush


Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Steel Grey on mah toes!

Lightening my hair and getting a trim - Yup DIY job on that one.  I used a dye specially formulated for dark hair so I wouldn't end up with bright orange hair.  I recommend it!  Although I have gold tones, it's not clown looking.  Always a danger for us brunettes! 
Garnier Nutrisse B3 Cafe con Leche
Product Image Garnier Nutrisse Hair Color: Cafe con Leche - Golden Brown


Lots of thrift store shopping and the Desert Hills Premium Outlets in Cabazon - if you haven't been there, GO NOW! 
Get on the 10 East from LA and watch for it.  On the way to Palm Springs... Totally worth the drive.  Check out the selection of stores here:  http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=6 


And what about exercise?  All those little outfits you want to wear this summer?
My word for the summer is STRUCTURE - Every morning I'm getting up and walking my doggies before is gets hot, then working on my yard a bit.  It keeps me active and stops me from lounging around in bed all morning and being completely de-motivated for the day.  So far so good! 

Do you have a schedule?  Workout time won't appear out of thin air.  Find something you like to do... How about a fun dance class?  My friend Tanya got back into working out by going to a Richard Simmons aerobics class!  It inspired her to try yoga, dance, weights and hiking!  So keep it interesting and just DO SOMETHING.  You'll be so proud of yourself!

XOXO
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment